Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Lettuce-ful salad

Oh how I've missed blogging! I've been so busy with school these past few weeks as midterm season is among us! I have a community psychology midterm tomorrow, so today has been devoted to studying for that course.

This morning I awoke excited as I knew regular breakfasts were back on the meal plan. By this I mean, lettuce-ful salads and egg white scrambles!




















The salad contained spinach, parsley, tomatoes, yellow peppers, carrots, soybeans, apples and green grapes. I enjoyed this salad with some scrambled egg whites and a slice of fat free cheddar cheese.






































Yum! It was so nice to have this breakfast considering I've been downing green monsters practically every single day. Don't get me wrong - I absolutely LOVE green monsters but there's something about eating an actual meal that's very satisfying.

Before I knew it, my stomach was growling, which meant it was time for lunch! Luckily, I had leftovers from last night, which meant chicken salad was on the menu!

























































Gotta love pint-sized glasses of water!

I can't help but feel like I'm nuts about nuts. I've been eating nuts so much lately! I ate around a tablespoon or so of peanut butter along with even more nuts.




















They're so good and good for you!




















I really love the fact that nuts really help with satiety. I've realized I've been a lot more calm since I increased my nut intake. The best part is, they contain healthy fats, which won't make you fat [unless you eat your weight in them!].

Happy Wednesday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment